Thursday, April 7, 2011

NIcki Minaj & Gwen Stefani both cover Elle’s May 2011 Music Issue

For next month's Elle music edition Miss Minaj & Gwen Stafani aren't the only ladies in music to grace the cover, but Swedish singer Robyn does as well. In Gwen's article she talks about her style in comparison to the up & coming punk/pop stars & her success, while for Miss Minaj we see a much softer side of her in contrast to her outgoing Roman persona. We love both the ladies here at MH & are proud that these ladies represent the ladies in the industry. In the issue are tons of other ladies new & old from the music world so please check it out, until you can put your hands on the Elle issue enjoy the photos & more Nicki.........
 images source:Elle


Knit minidress, Mark Fast, $1,595, at Curve, NYC and L.A. Elastane bodysuit, Maison Martin Margiela, $310. Suede wedge boots, Giuseppe Zanotti Design, $1,100.




Nicki Minaj Elle Magazine 5

Nicki Minaj Elle Magazine 4

Nicki Minaj Elle Magazine 3

Nicki Minaj Elle Magazine 2







On pop music: “When we were growing up, some of the hits were legendary ones that you hear your whole life. But certain songs, I don’t know if you’ll ever hear them again. Because that’s what that music is, like a guilty pleasure, it’s right at the moment. It’s like fashion—it’s now, then it’s gone.”

On whether Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry have taken a page out of her playbook when it comes to style: “Really? I don’t see myself in those girls. I usually put pants on. I see these girls as more going for the sex-symbol thing. I was more, in the band, like a tomboy. Of course, I think every girl is sexy, so there’s going to be a little of that. But I see a lot of younger artists going more toward the sexy thing.”
On her marriage to Gavin Rossdale:  “The first time we ever kissed was right around Valentine’s Day—we were in New Orleans on tour. So, yeah, I always think about that because it’s unbelievable that we’ve been able to stay together. I feel so proud of us—it’s one of my biggest achievements.”


Robyn
Baroque-motif dress, Prada, $1,535, at select Prada boutiques nationwide.

Robyn
On creating her latest album, Body Talk: “At first it was a way of having more fun. Then it started to influence how I communicated with my fans—how to bring new music into a live set throughout the whole year.”


Clothes and shoes, custom-made for Smith.

Willow Smith
On her full length album: “It’s going to be a party beat. I think you’re gonna like it!”


Adele
On the love songs written about her ex:  “We’re not on great enough terms for me to say, ‘Oh, have you heard my record? It’s number one; did you know?”



Beaded silk dress, Diane von Furstenberg, $950, visit dvf.com. Stretch slip, Spanx, $72. Gold and diamond bangles, Roberto Coin, prices on request.
Jennifer Hudson
On performing in gay clubs when she was younger:
“In high school I was like, ‘Well, these are drag queens lip-synching, and I can really sing; why can’t I go up there?’ I would win all the talent shows.”

Florence Welch
Silk bodysuit, price on request, silk monogram skirt, $2,435, both, Louis Vuitton, at select Louis Vuitton locations. Silk-trim cotton crepe bra, $124, panty, $80, both, Araks. Vintage earrings, House of Lavande, $598. Bronze bracelet with mother-of-pearl, red jasper, and smoky quartz, Stephen Dweck, price on request.

Florence Welch
On performing at the 2010 MTV Music Video Awards: “It was my intro to America. And they could have sent me packing if it hadn’t gone so well.”

Nicki Minaj Elle Magazine 6
Nicki Minaj
On being a rapper:“I always wanted to play with the boys. I didn’t want to be a pawn in their game or have a sidekick role. I wanted to be more of a lead character – a superhero.”


Feist
Viscose jacket, Stella McCartney, $1,755, at Stella McCartney, NYC. Chiffon blouse, Jill Stuart, $348.

Feist
On her new album: “It’s sort of a sense of humor in equal parts with focus and clarity and direction.”

Aretha Franklin
On wardrobe options for her tour: “I am going to rock this [size] 16. Sixteen probably sounds large to girls who wear 10s and 12s, but I love it, because it looks good on me.”

 Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks
On her music: “What I always wanted was to affect people. Especially women in rock ‘n’ roll and what they could write about. We are a force of nature.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us Here

Blog Archive